[iframe style=”border:none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/26014017/height/100/width//thumbnail/no/render-playlist/no/theme/custom/tdest_id/4033731/custom-color/87A93A” height=”100″ width=”100%” scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen]
Amy Kiefer’s purpose in life is simple, yet transformative — to help and empower others. A multi-passionate entrepreneur, small business owner, and mom of three, she got her start by launching a blog and later developing the pregnancy and postpartum workout app, Expecting and Empowered. In her mission to give women the confidence and care they deserve, Amy has since gone on to create numerous outlets for her purpose-driven mindset. Drawing from her exercise science education, a nursing career in oncology, and her daily challenges as a mom, her endeavors have grown into a vibrant and supportive community – prompting the collaborative development of Amy’s two other online businesses: Pursuing Her Purpose and the top-rated HERself Podcast, with over 2.5 million downloads. Acclaimed for empowering women through some of their most difficult seasons, Amy is proud to help her community move past stress, guilt, and common obstacles to lead happier, healthier lives that are more aligned with their dreams.
Hello Badass Moms! In today’s episode, we bring you Amy Kiefer, Co-Founder of Expecting and Empowered. We talk about dealing with mom-guilt, giving ourselves permission to do what we want, and how the vision of motherhood changes with growth. Amy also talks about modern role models, acknowledging our emotions, and why we need to lower our expectations.
Let’s delve in!
In this Episode You’ll Learn:
- [02:21] Asking for what you want.
- [06:02] “I don’t have permission.”
- [10:06] Different visions of motherhood.
- [14:33] Role models in modern relationships.
- [24:28] What makes Amy feel badass?
- [30:50] You are never alone.
- [36:26] Amy’s advice for going first.
- [40:48] Anger as an emotion.
- [44:35] Lowering our expectations.
- [53:48] Amy’s words of wisdom.
- “You have to be able to crawl before you can walk, before you can run.” – Amy Kiefer [09:52]
- “Everyone has hard days.” – Amy Kiefer [24:04]
- “You are never alone.” – Amy Kiefer [30:58]
- “Everyone’s got bullshit.” – Kelly Donahue [32:30]
- “Conflict and repair is a normal, healthy part of life.” – Kelly Donahue [46:03]
- “Women in our generation are very uncomfortable with lowering their bars.” – Amy Kiefer [46:19]
- “You have to start putting one foot in front of the other.” – Amy Kiefer [55:11]
Connect with Amy Kiefer:
- Website: www.expectingandempowered.com.
- Instagram: @ameskiefer.
Connect with Kelly Donahue:
· Website: badassmoms.com.
· LinkedIn: Badass Moms.
· Instagram: @kelbel_badassmoms.
Untamed, by Glennon Doyle.
Fair Play, by Eve Rodsky.
Call to Action
If you love this episode, share it with your friends and others. To help this podcast grow please leave a review, and don’t forget to subscribe.